- During the COVID-19 pandemic, email money transfer refunds are being processed weekly on Wednesdays by noon. Requests received and approved by this time will receive the email confirmation by Thursday and direct deposit email by Saturday.
Cheque (EFT -Electronic Funds Transfer) refund requests will be processed monthly on the first Wednesday of each month. This monthly refund processing schedule will remain in place until further notice.
Students who Request Refunds are Subject to the Following conditions and restrictions:
All refunds will be issued through your student account and sent as an email money transfer as a direct deposit to a Uwindsor email address ONLY.
Credit balances that result from a scholarship be available after the term final financial drop date.
Payments received by the University of Windsor directly from a Canadian bank account will be refunded without restrictions but are subject to review.
Payments received by the University of Windsor directly from a foreign country will only be refunded to a registered student.
Payments received by the University of Windsor directly from a foreign country will only be refunded to a maximum of $2,000 per term.
All refund requests that exceed $2,000 from a foreign country will be wired back to the originating bank account, subject to a wire charge of $25 (4-6 week processing time).
How to Request a Refund
If there is a credit balance on your student account, the credit can either remain on your student account and be applied to your next semester fees or the credit will be available to request a refund via an electronic transfer process.
If UWindsor owes you more than $2.00, you can request a refund through UWinsite Student following these steps:
1. In your web browser, preferably Google Chrome, go to https://www.uwindsor.ca/registrar/uwinsite-student.
2. Click the blue SIGN IN TO UWINSITE STUDENT button.
3. On the Sign in screen, enter (or select) your UWinID@uwindsor.ca. Click the Next button.
4. On the Enter password screen, enter your UWin Account password. Click the Sign in button.
5. On the Student Homepage, click the Financial Accounttile.
6. In the left navigation menu, click Account Services > Online Refund Request.
7. Review the instructions at the top of Online Refund Request page.
8. Complete the Student Remarks field and click the Submit Request button.
9. Once your refund request has been reviewed and approved, you will be sent an Email Money Transfer. You will need to log into your online banking to claim the funds.
10. Once approved there will be two emails sent, the first to acknowledge the request for a refund, and the second will be an email from email@example.com with the subject line INTERAC e-Transfer. This will require action from you to accept the transfer within ten (10) business days and to use your student number as your password. These funds will be issued in Canadian dollars to a Canadian bank account.
Students are expected to be aware of fee payment policies, deadlines, drop dates and other fee-related policies of the University. A student may believe that their individual circumstances entitle them to a refund or reversal of student fees paid either in full or in part.
Circumstances that may warrant an appeal would require an email with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A written statement from the student stating the reason for the appeal.
- All supporting documentation relating to the appeal, i.e., support from a medical practitioner.
Include your 9-digit student number.
Current students use your uwindsor.ca email for correspondence.