Coming to campus? Visit this page for important information.

Out of Province/Country Coverage

Out of province hospital and medical services coverage is provided by Allianz Global Assistance, through Green Shield Canada, to eligible employees and retirees who meet the Canadian residency requirements. Please refer to the appropriate Collective Agreement and/or contact the Benefits Administrator in Human Resources for eligibility details.
This travel plan covers active employees for 180 days per trip commencing on the date you leave your province of residence.  Retirees are covered for either 90 days per trip or 180 days per trip depending on which Plan they have selected. The maximum benefit is $1,000,000 per calendar year. Full details of the Out of Province/Country Travel Plan can be found in the applicable Green Shield Benefit Booklet. 
Plan members are strongly encouraged to contact Green Shield Travel Assistance (519-742-3556) for any pre-trip assistance, country codes, or general information that may be required before travelling. 
On October 1, 2017 Green Shield updated the definition of "Stable". Refer to the Travel Benefits FAQ section for more detailed and specific information. This new definition can also be found in the applicable benefits booklet and in the Green Shield Canada's "Keeping You in the Loop" publication.
Note: Cuban Travel Requirements
The Cuban government will accept a valid Provincial Health Insurance Plan card as proof of sufficient travel insurance coverage from Canadian travellers entering Cuba. It is also strongly recommended that Canadians also take proof of additional travel insurance (Green Shield Canada ID card) and a Confirmation of Travel Insurance letter. Refer to the question "What documentation should I bring with me when travelling to Cuba?" in the  Green Shield CanadaTravel Section  FAQ section on the Green Shield Canada website.


Useful linksUseful links




Emergency Medical Expense Claim Form (.pdf)