Centred on Learning Innovation Fund (CLIF)
Call for Proposals
Deadline: Monday March 14, 2022
application online An Applicant's Guide to Applying for a CLIF Grant Submit CLIF Final Report
The purpose of the Centred on Learning Innovation Fund is to stimulate the development, implementation, and assessment of innovative teaching and learning.
Preference will be given to projects that:
- offer a compelling rationale and a clear plan;
- demonstrate potential for educational impact;
- build on existing research and literature;
- foster inclusion, accessibility, diversity, and equity;
- demonstrate consistency with the University’s strategic priorities;
- emphasize collaboration; and
- establish assessment procedures to evaluate the project.
- Departmental/program applications showing application across an entire program/department: $5000
- Individual, including collaborations among individuals: $2500
Applications must be submitted by the principal applicant electronically by March 14, 2022.
Applications are encouraged from:
- All disciplines
- Instructors employing any or all modes of university course delivery;
- Individuals holding a full-time teaching appointment (including tenured and tenure-track faculty, Learning Specialists, and Limited Term faculty and AAS appointments) at the University of Windsor for the term of the grant (May 2022 through April 2023); and
- Individuals or teams
Applicants must complete the online application including a project description (2 pages maximum) as well as a proposed budget. Please see the form below for further details.
Conditions of the Award
Grantees will submit a final report demonstrating the findings and confirming completion of the project by June 30, 2023. Please note: Abstracts and reports of successful applications will be posted on the CLIF webpage.
Funds will be disbursed in one installment and must be spent by April 30, 2023. Please take into account whether research ethics clearance is needed as you prepare your application. For more information, please contact the Office of the Research Ethics Board at ex. 3948, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following item is not an eligible expense:
- course release
Expenses with Limited Eligibility
- Regional travel for research purposes cannot exceed 20% of the total award;
- Campus hospitality (e.g., working lunches) cannot exceed 10% of the award amount (no alcohol is permitted);
- Equipment and Apparatus (including computer hardware) up to a maximum of 20% of the total award.
Please feel free to contact CTL for advice and assistance in preparing your proposal (email@example.com).