There are many services, on and off campus, intended to support survivors of sexual assault, be it physically, medically, emotionally, academically, or legally. It is up to the survivor to decide what kinds of services might help and to choose to access those services. Many people find counselling and other services helpful, both in the short and long term.

If you are having symptoms that interfere with your daily activities, don’t wait: talk to a health care provider or counsellor today. Sometimes people decide not to talk to anyone right away; the right time to talk to someone is whenever you are ready to do so -- and want to do so -- even if the event happened some time ago.


If you are a student seeking assistance with any of the following:

  • Getting help related to an experience of sexual misconduct or sexual violence
  • Seeking changes to living arrangements on campus for safety reasons
  • Seeking academic accommodations related to an experience of sexual misconduct or sexual violence
  • Understanding campus procedures related to sexual misconduct and sexual violence
  • Reporting a problem you experienced in seeking help
  • Finding out more about what you can do to prevent sexual violence or support someone who has experienced sexual violence
  • Finding out about programs on campus related to sexual safety

Please contact: Dr. Dusty Johnstone, Sexual Misconduct Officer

If you need safer sex supplies:

The Sexual Misconduct Office is mailing out free safer sex kits to members of the UWindsor community who are currently living in Canada. Each kit will include approximately 7-9 safer sex items, as well as a resource about sexual consent. Fill out our webform to request a kit.

Office of Human Rights, Equity and Accessibility (OHREA)

OHREA is responsible for education, human rights inquiries and complaints, and assisting in mediation of issues related to human rights, equity, and accessibility.

310 Sunset and Chrysler Hall Tower, Room 208B
(519) 253-3000, Ext. 3400

University of Windsor Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

The University’s Employee Assistance Program is offered by Shepell.fgi, an outside counselling service. EAP provides professional counselling and information services to staff and their eligible immediate family members. There is no referral required by the University or a physician/counsellor. All calls are private and confidential to Shepell.fgi, and no individual information is shared with Human Resources or the University.

Toll-free: (800) 387-4765
TTY Service: (877) 338-0275
Available 24 hours a day

Emergency Response Team

First-response emergency medical services

Dial 911 on any campus phone, dial (519) 253-3000, Ext. 4444 on any phone, or utilize any Blue-Light Phone on campus.

Campus Community Police

Be aware that Campus Community Police must report incidents of sexual violence as they become aware of them to the Windsor Police Service, including the name of the person reporting the sexual assault and a brief synopsis of what has been reported to them. The decision to press charges remains yours.

Emergencies: 911
Non-emergencies: (519) 253-3000, Ext. 1234

CAW Student Centre, Room 242
(519) 973-7002 or Ext. 7002
Open Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Closed Friday from 12 noon to 1 pm

CAW Student Centre, Room 293
(519) 253-3000, Ext. 4616
Open Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 12 pm, and 1 to 4:30 pm

CAW Student Centre, Room 208
(519) 253-3000, Ext. 4551
Open Monday-Friday, 12 to 8 pm

UWindsor Crime Prevention Programs

Includes: RAD Women's Self Defence Workplace Violence Prevention Walksafe WorkAlone Service Crime Advisory Alerts

(519) 253-3000, Ext. 2409

c/o Women's Studies Chrysler Hall South, Room 250-2
(519) 253-3000, Ext. 2315

(Via UWindsor Human Resources)

Sexual Assault Crisis Centre of Windsor-Essex (SACC)

Provides crisis intervention, counselling, education, and information to victims; development of community awareness of problems related to sexual assault and abuse; liaison with existing institutions; and support for family members and/or significant others.

1770 Langlois Avenue
Windsor, ON N8X 4M5
(519) 253-3100
24-hour crisis line: (519) 253-9667

Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre

Provides medical care for all survivors of sexual assault, including the collection of evidence. Reporting to police is NOT mandated.

Metropolitan Campus, 4th Floor
1995 Lens Avenue
Windsor, Ontario N8W 1L9
(519) 255-2234

Emergency Medical Services

Telephone: 911

Windsor Police Headquarters
150 Goyeau Street P.O. Box 60
Windsor, ON N9A 6J5
(519) 258-6111

Special Victims Unit information

Hiatus House

A social service agency offering confidential intervention for families experiencing domestic violence.

250 Louis Avenue
Windsor, Ontario N9A 1W2
(519) 252-7781
Toll Free: (800) 265-5142

Teen Health Centre (Ages 12-24)

1585 Ouellette Ave.
Windsor, ON
(519) 253-8481

749 Felix Avenue
Windsor, ON
(519) 258-6002

1400 Windsor Avenue
Windsor, Ontario N8X 3L9
(519) 255-7440

Victim services provide victims of crime and tragedy with support, information, and referrals at no cost

1219 Hicks Road (inside the OPP building)
Essex, ON N8M 2Y2
(800) 603-6035
(519) 723-2711

The Distress Centre of Windsor-Essex County

(519) 256-5000

The Community Crisis Centre of Winsdor-Essex

(519) 973-4435
24 hours, toll-free

Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital 24-Hour Walk-In Service

Emergency Department
1030 Ouellette Ave. (Goyeau St. entrance)
Windsor, ON N9A1E1

Windsor Regional Hospital Community Crisis Centre Walk-In Service

Jeanne Mance Building
1030 Ouellette 1st Floor
Monday-Friday during business hours

Good2Talk Help Line (for post-secondary students)

(866) 925-5454 (or connect through 2-1-1)
Available 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year

511 Pelissier Street
Windsor, ON N9A 4L2
(519) 973-0222
Toll Free: (800) 265-4858