Welcome and congratulations on your position with the University of Windsor. We are very happy to share with you some available teaching support resources.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning focuses on the support of teaching and learning at the University of Windsor. Questions regarding teaching and learning beyond the use of Brightspace can be sent to email@example.com.
This page is a new resource that we are continuously improving. If you have any feedback, please email us at Brightspace@uwindsor.ca.
- Ensure you have an Employee Number and UWinID
- Note: If you do not have a UWinID yet because your contract hasn’t officially started, early access to your UWin Account, systems, training, and your course site can be provided so you can prepare for the start of the term, but the request must come from the instructor’s supervisor or the departmental administrative personnel.
- If you are having difficulty accessing any support (e.g. logging in and submitting a Service Request due to the fact that you don't have a user ID), please submit a ticket.
- Check that your contract has been processed and that all your recorded information is correct by visiting My UWinfo.
- Get started with your technology needs with IT Services.
University of Windsor uses Microsoft 365 apps for its email, virtual meeting software, and office productivity tools. Teams is the virtual classroom for online classes and office hours.
- Microsoft 365 Apps (Tips for using Microsoft 365 Groups, Teams and Stream for courses)
- Software Depot
- Review University of Windsor’s Policies and Procedures
- Find important dates and events using the Academic Calendar
- Use the UWindsor Directory to search for faculty/staff contact information
- Visit the Campus Community Network for services and Supports to help you in your work at UWindsor
- Become familiar with Commonly Used Acronyms
- Find your way around campus with the campus map
Getting Ready to Teach
Getting Ready to Teach Online
- Visit Teaching Online where you will find resources, developed by our teams, to support instructors in teaching and learning online. New resources are constantly added.
Brightspace Workshops and Support
Brightspace is the learning management system used at the University of Windsor. Instructors can sign up for one or more online interactive workshops to explore themes and functionality available on Brightspace to support student learning.
- Upcoming Brightspace Workshops
- Visit recent webinars include the most important topics a Sessional Instructor might need to know regarding using Brightspace.
- Brightspace Help for Instructors
- Visit the Brightspace Drop-in for one-on-one help, either virtually through Teams or in person in the CTL offices.
- Submit a Brightspace Ticket
Planning and Managing Your Course
Creating Your Course
- Course Planning and Redesign
- Syllabus/Course outline
- Academic Integrity
- Grading and Assessment Criteria
- Campus Bookstore Email firstname.lastname@example.org with book title, ISBN and course name and code to place a textbook order.
- Leddy Library
- Copyright Guidelines & Requirements
Support for Your Teaching Assistants
- The GATA Network offers large-scale professional development events to current and prospective GAs/TAs.
Support for Your Students
Professional Development Support
- Centre for Teaching and Learning workshops
- University of Windsor – Teaching and Learning grants